Skip to content

Financial Aid

Preparing for college is an exhilarating phase in your life, yet it involves managing numerous details and exploring various considerations. Discover valuable resources for seeking assistance with financial aid here.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

To access financial aid as a prospective college freshman in Iowa, your starting point is the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). However, you must submit an application to qualify for it. A completed FAFSA serves as an application for State of Iowa scholarships and grants. Get your FAFSA started here.

Iowa Scholarships and Grants

View this page for a list of Iowa Grants and Scholarships currently available.

Contact your counseling department if you have any questions.

AHS Counseling Department:
Phone: (515) 635-2775
Fax: (515) 964-2957

CHS Counseling Department:
Phone: (515) 965-9610
Fax: (515) 964-5637


If you are a current senior needing an official transcript sent to a college/university, please log into your student Naviance account to make the request.


*If you are a current student you can obtain a copy of an unofficial transcript in your Infinite Campus Parent/Student Portal.

Apart from the diverse in-person assistance methods we provide, we also aim to offer additional college and financial aid resources, which are outlined below.

  • College Credit Transfer Information
  • College Testing
  • Eligibility for College Athletics
  • Regents Admission Calculator
  • College Representative Visits
    • To meet with a college representative, please follow these steps:
      • Inform your teacher a day in advance so they are aware of your absence. Teachers have the authority to deny permission if they believe it would disrupt your class. No passes are required.
      • Arrive in counseling office at the start of the period and sign in; failure to do so may result in an unexcused absence.
      • Give your undivided attention to the college representative and inquire about any aspects of the university/college that interest you.
      • College representatives typically spend one class period on campus. If you can’t make it at the scheduled time, leave your name with the counseling secretary, and the college representative will be notified to contact you.