ISASP Testing Schedule – April 3, 4, 6, 7
The Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP) will be administered the week of April 3-7 for all AHS 10th and 11th graders. There is no testing on Wednesday, April 5; we will follow the regular Wednesday schedule.
All Sophomores and Juniors will be expected to attend at the regular time, 8:25 AM. There will be NO early bird classes the entire week of testing. Students will test in their Seminar classroom unless otherwise communicated. Students will be assessed on Math, Reading, and Language/Writing. Additionally, sophomores will be assessed on Science. Students will not be able to use their own graphing calculators. Instead, there is a DESMOS scientific calculator provided on the testing program for all students.
Seniors do NOT participate in ISASP Testing. 1st Period will begin at 10:25 AM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (April 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th).
If you must reach your child during testing, please call our building’s office (515-965-9630) to have a message delivered.
You can support your student at home by reminding them of the following:
- Arrive on time and be in your assigned testing room by 8:25 AM.
- Ensure the Chromebook is charged each evening before test day.
- Bring a Chromebook charger, a pencil, and a free reading book to your testing room.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a healthy breakfast.
- Cell phones, smart watches, and any electronic devices (other than your school-issued Chromebook) are not permitted for use in the testing room.
- Corded headphones are permitted only for students with an approved testing accommodation for text-to-speech. Extra headphones are available in the media center. Wireless earbuds are NOT permitted.
Please view the testing schedule below. Please note any student who has off-campus courses at Central Campus or DMACC Career Academy should attend those classes as scheduled. Our testing coordinator will work with those students individually on making up ISASP tests.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – 10th and 11th graders will report to their Seminar (or other designated classroom) by 8:25 AM .
- 12th graders report by 10:25 on Friday when 1st period begins.
- Friday – 10th graders ONLY will report to their Seminar (or other designated classroom) by 8:25 AM.
- 11th and 12th graders report by 10:25 on Friday when 1st period begins.