AHS Homecoming 2023 Information
Under the Lights:
- September 11th at 6:30 PM on the AHS turf field (students should arrive by 6:15 PM)
- Teams of 8-12 students competing in various relay races and games against each other
- Sign-up forms and money due in the office or room 2412 by 3:50 on August 30th
- $12 per team member (Money must be turned in as a team)
- UTL Captain’s meeting: before school (8 AM) or after school at 3:45 in room 2412 (one person per team) on September 7th to pick up shirts and hear rules. Students cannot participate in UTL if they do not attend the meeting.
- All teams must find a teacher sponsor.
- Students without a team can still complete the sign-up form. Ms. Kovacevic and Ms. Grace will help students find teams.
To become a volunteer at UTL:
- Go to the district website: Ankeny Community School District
- Click the Community tab.
- Click Volunteer.
- Complete steps 1, 2, & 3.
- For Step 3: You will click on Ankeny High School on the left hand side. In the middle of the screen at the bottom of the page, click “fill in an application.”
- An email from the District Office/Better Impact will be sent to you to let you know that you’re approved.
Once this is complete, go back to the district website.
- Click on “Log in to your account” on the upper right hand side.
- Log in.
- Click on the opportunities tab at the top.
- Click opportunities list.
- You will see activities to sign up to be a volunteer.
- Click the Sign Up button under ACTIONS.
- Please email Emina Kovacevic (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you’ve completed these steps.
We appreciate your willingness to support our AHS students and help at this great event. If you have any additional questions, please contact Ms. Kovacevic.
Ticket Sales for Homecoming Dance: September 4th-15th
- The Homecoming Dance will be held on September 16th from 8-10 PM.
- Online tickets will go on sale at 8:00 am on Monday September 4th and will be available through 12 PM Thursday September 14th.
- Tickets will be $10 each and you can purchase a ticket using your TouchBase account. Once logged in, you will shop for Items At Student’s School – Incl. One-Time Meal Payment. Choose Student Activities. There you will find the option to purchase a homecoming ticket. If you have trouble accessing Touchbase, please contact Angie Green for further assistance.
- Tickets will be on sale in-person before and after school Thursday 9/14 and Friday 9/15.
- Tickets will be sold at the door: CASH ONLY. Tickets will cost $15 at the door. Please enter through the main doors to buy your ticket at the door.
- Students must pick up wristbands by providing a proof of purchase before or after school on September 14th or 15th. All students must pick them up ahead of time and wear them into the dance.
- Dance Guest Request Forms can be picked up in the front office at AHS. Dance Guest Request Forms must be filled out for any guests that do not attend AHS. No students in grades 9 or below or above 20 years of age will be allowed to attend. No guest will be admitted the night of the dance without this form being on file. Students can only buy 1 guest ticket.
- All dance guest request forms must be turned in by noon on Wednesday, September 13th.
Night of Homecoming Dance
- All AHS students will need to have their school ID for admittance into the homecoming dance and their guest a photo ID for admittance to the homecoming dance.
- Wear wristband into the dance.
- Entry to AHS Homecoming Dance is between 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm. No students or guests will be admitted after 8:30 pm.
- Students will not be allowed to re-enter the Homecoming Dance if they leave, so please plan accordingly.
The AHS Dance team designed Homecoming apparel that can be found here: https://ankenyhighschoolhomecoming.itemorder.com/shop/home/ Orders close September 10th at 11:59 PM!
Please contact Emina Kovacevic (email@example.com) and Laura Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.