Parking, Pick-Up, Drop-Off
Students who live one or more miles away from school are eligible for a school permit to drive to school. Students must complete the required paperwork that can be obtained at either the front office or activities office. The paperwork must be endorsed by a school administrator and turned in.
Please keep in mind that there is a difference between the school permit and a parking permit. The school permit is issued by the Department of Transportation for the purpose of driving from home to school. It does not allow a student to park at the AHS Campus. A school parking permit allows a student to park on campus and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is limited.
General Parking Rules
- Students must register their vehicle annually in order to park on campus.
- Registration for the school year begins during orientation. Parking regulations and registration papers can be picked up at the school office.
- Vehicle registrations will not be accepted prior to orientation.
- Permits may not be sold or transferred.
- Students are required to park in designated student parking areas.
- A map of student/staff parking areas, bus, and parent pick-up and drop-off areas is available here.
- Students must receive permission from the high school’s main office to go to their vehicle during the school day.
Fines and Towing
Board Policy #902.12 – Regulation of Parking designates that cars at school facilities must only be parked in designated parking spaces or be towed at the owner’s expense.
Students parking on campus without a registration tag, in non-designated parking areas, or violating any of the above rules will be subject to the following fines, and any rules violations may also result in towing the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
Revocation of Parking Privileges
The administration reserves the right to revoke parking privileges for any student who fails to comply with building and district driving and parking rules and procedures.