Upcoming Events to Kick Off the 2021-22 School Year
We have been working diligently on our preparations for the 2021-22 school year at Ankeny High School and wanted to share some important information with the entire Hawk Family.
Student Orientation Days: All students should plan on attending orientation days on either August 16 or August 17 between 7:30 am and 2:30 pm. These days are designed for students to complete various tasks before the start of the school year including …
- Receiving Student IDs and Bus Pass
- Register for Parking Pass (complete form and pay) if not done online prior to Orientation
- Pay textbook fees or SAT pass if not done online prior to Orientation
- Pick up Prepaid Parking Passes and SAT Passes
- 10th Grade Chromebook Exchange in the Media Center
- Pick up textbooks used for classes in the Media Center
- Talk to a counselor about any errors found in your class schedule. (See below for more information.)
- Take a tour of the building and the 2 new additions to AHS that are scheduled to be completed at the beginning of August.
- Note: Student photos will not be taken during orientation this year, but scheduled in the Fall during school.
New Students to Ankeny Community School District: Any student who is new to Ankeny Community Schools is requested to set up an appointment on August 12 or 13 to complete course selection and get individualized support as we welcome them to our Hawk Family. Please contact Tina Christman (email@example.com) to schedule the meeting with the student’s specific counselor.
Student Class Schedules for the 2021-22 SY: Student schedules will be available for viewing in Infinite Campus after August 1. If you find an error in your schedule, a link to a google form will be available in the Infinite Campus Announcements, in Google Classroom, and on our website. Please remember that our counselors are not available until after August 9 so your best option to address schedule errors is to utilize the google form.
Audrey Bell (Last Name A-E) Audrey.Bell@ankenyschools.org
Mici Vos (Last Names F-L) Mici.Vos@ankenyschools.org
David Patterson (Last Names M-R) David.Patterson@ankenyschools.org
Kelly Andrews (Last Names S-Z) Kelly.Andrews@ankenyschools.org
First Day of School Schedule: The first day of the school year is Monday, August 23! All Sophomores will report to school at 8:25 am and will report to the AHS Commons. Lunch will be served for all Sophomores starting at 11:00 am with Junior/Senior Lunch being available from 11:15 am to 11:45 am. Juniors and Seniors will report at 11:45 am for Period 1 classes starting at 11:50 am for all grades. Students who are taking courses at other buildings (SV or ACHS) will not travel to those classes for Monday and Tuesday. Travel will begin on Wednesday, August 25, for these courses.
There will be additional information coming as we get closer to the start of the school year. Information will also be updated on our AHS Webpage and Twitter as it becomes available. (https://ahs.ankenyschools.org/ or @Ankeny_Hawks) Have a wonderful rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing each and every one of you back at AHS on August 23.